Friday, June 6, 2008

Not Acknowledging David Caruso

Taking my oldest son, K1, to the playground several times a week for the last year, I've seen my share of famous people. Not that I'm a star-f**ker, but it's always fun to see a celeb -- "D-List" and all.

I've seen everyone from
Soul Plane's Mo'Nique and SNL's Tim Meadows to the more famous Elizabeth Shue, Slash of Guns and Roses, and David Caruso of CSI: Miami.

I never bother the celebs while out with their children, though I can't say the same for my son. It was our recent encounter with David Caruso that I'd like to share with you.

Picture this... We're at the playground and K1 pushes David Caruso's little fella. Not that I condone the rough stuff, but kids pushing each other happens all the time.

Then things went from bad to worse as, for whatever reason, the Caruso kid begins to cry... And cry... And cry.

I felt sorry... Truly did.

Had to apologize to David, All the while not acknowledging that I knew who he was.

He knew I knew. I knew that he knew I knew, but I didn't budge. I simply apologized and never let on.

It took every ounce of restraint not to look him in the eye and say in that over-the-top David Caruso-sque, signature
CSI schmaltz, "Look's like your kid's played out."

So David, if you've Googled yourself and stumbled on to this blog, Again, I'm sorry. But you have to admit, you'd have laughed your ass off had I pulled that line out in your presence.

Can't you just hear his voice now?

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Very funny stuff Tommy. Your kids are adorable. Whose the father?

Heidi said...

I think you should have said it. I found myself... getting more and more annoyed... waiting for David Caruso... to finish his lines,... I had to stop watching... CSI... Miami.
I am here via Suzy.

Cole said...

Don¨t feell guilty.
Life is tough on the playground. And there will always be someone who pushes your kid or your kid push someone else. That´s life. Why should it be different for a celeb kid?
Did Caruso give you a pre-signed autograph card? He always carries thema round no matter where he is....I´m sure he was WAITING TO GET recognized...